Co-Founder and General Manager for Bolivia-vision.com information portal. This is an online portal that seeks to build commercial bridges between the German-speaking world and Bolivia.
Buitrago Consulting is a young company founded by experienced experts that provides clients with solutions in the areas of International Politics and economics with focus on Latin America.
- Analysis of political and economic conditions in Latin American countries as well as the European Union and Germany.
- Political Risk analysis of Latin American countries (Particular expertise in the Andean region).
- Intelligence on commercial markets, investments and specific policy areas (Both for German and Latin American clients).
- Import and Export norms and regulatory environments, market access and network access (Both for German and Latin American clients)
Here you can visit my consulting company’s website.
For a number of years I have been author and editor of the Bolivia Portal at the German Development Agency’s (GIZ) country information portal. The site is in German.
Since 2003, I have authored a blog (MABBlog) about Bolivia’s politics, economy and society. The site started as a selfish exercise to compile information, in English, on Bolivia’s interesting affairs and developments. Believe it or not, back then there was not much information online about the country in the English language. Meanwhile, the blog has acquired a steady stream of visitors and readers, some of which started following the blog since it started.
I have extensive experience of using social media within the social sciences throughout my academic career and my personal experience. Recently I have designed a couple of seminars on the use of these media for academic purposes which have covered the following topics:
- Efficient management of Facebook and Twitter feeds
- Efficient management of RSS feeds and readers
- Creation, design and maintenance of blogs and websites for personal use (multi-author too)
- Promotion and dissemination of personal academic work
- Usage of social media in the class room
- Bibliography management systems
- Online promotion and content generation for academic events
- Collection and curating of existing academic work
- Combination of any of the above mentioned methods to enhance results…