Buitrago Consulting assists internationally engaged companies in their efforts to gain access and build long-lasting presence in international markets, especially in Europe and Latin America. We believe establishing long-term, stable and productive business relationships is at the core of a successful enterprise. We are experts in political/economic analysis with ample experience and move between cultures with native ease, therefore able to provide solid and stable solutions.
Examples of our solutions are:
- Analysis of political and economic conditions in Latin American countries as well as the European Union and Germany.
- Political Risk analysis of Latin American countries (Particular expertise in the Andean region).
- Intelligence on political and economic issues.
- Research and analysis on commercial markets, investments and specific policy areas (Both for German and Latin American clients).
- Import and Export norms and regulatory environments, market access and network access (Both for German and Latin American clients)
Here you can visit our (my) consulting company’s website.
Co-Founder and General Manager for Bolivia-vision.com information portal. This is an online portal that seeks to build commercial bridges between the German-speaking world and Bolivia.
I have extensive experience in teaching seminars and giving some lecture classes at German universities for BA and MA levels, in English, German and Spanish. Thematic foci of my teaching are democratic theory, political institutions, government systems, and Latin American, European, German, and US politics.
I also have extensive experience giving seminars on country analysis of Bolivia. Such seminars are designed for young and experienced professionals going to work in Bolivia. The seminars are for the German Development Agency (GIZ) in Bonn and the Gustav Stresseman Institute in Bad Bevensen.
For a number of years I was the author and editor of the Bolivia Portal at the German Development Agency’s (GIZ) country information portal. The site is in German.
Since 2003, I have authored a blog (MABBlog) about Bolivia’s politics, economy and society. The site started as a selfish exercise to compile information, in English, on Bolivia’s interesting political affairs and developments. Believe it or not, back then there was not much information online about the country in the English language. Meanwhile, the blog has acquired a steady stream of visitors and readers, some of whom started following the blog since it started.